How to Use - Teeth Whitening Kit
HOW TO USE THE ICE WHITE TEETH WHITENING KITS:
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. READ SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS.
CAUTION: THIS PRODUCT IS NOT SUITABLE FOR TEETH WITH EXISTING COSMETIC ENHANCEMENT.
CAUTION: THIS PRODUCT IS NOT SUITABLE IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR BREAST FEEDING.
CAUTION: DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU HAVE AN EXISTING DENTAL OR GUM PROBLEM OR ALLERGY TO THE LISTED INGREDIENTS.
CAUTION: IN RARE CASES, TOOTH SENSITIVITY MAY OCCUR. IF SUSTAINED IRRITATION OCCURS, STOP USING THE PRODUCT AND SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE.
CAUTION: PRODUCT USAGE SHOULD BE NO MORE THAN 14 CONSECUTIVE DAYS. DO NOT EXCEED THIS TIMING OR MISUSE THE PRODUCT BY CONDUCTING EXCESSIVE WHITENING SESSIONS.
1. PREPARE - GENERAL
Organise the following in preparation for your at home Teeth Whitening session.
- Small saucepan
- 2-3 cups of water
- Small hand towel (optional)
- Cup of cold water (for setting the silicon mouth trays)
- Clean teeth to remove any food particles from your mouth
- Open the Teeth whitening kit box and remove the contents from the sealed bag
IMPORTANT: Please read the following information carefully prior to using the Teeth Whitening kit.
2. MOULDING THE THERMOPLASTIC MOUTH TRAYS:
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, once it is ready carefully remove the pot from the stove top and let the water cool down (allow approx 6-7 minutes). If the water is too hot, it will damage the Thermoplastic mouth trays and they will not mould properly.
- Taking one of the Thermoplastic mouth tray’s submerge it into the warm water for 10-12 seconds by carefully holding the plastic tabs located on it.
- Remove the Thermoplastic mouth tray once it appears to have softened.
- Ensuring that the Thermoplastic mouth tray isn’t too hot, remove any excess water and place the Thermoplastic mouth tray into your mouth by covering the top row of teeth. (If the mouth tray is still too hot, leave it to cool for a few seconds).
- Close your mouth and gently suck all of the air and excess water from the Thermoplastic mouth tray, creating suction between the mouth tray and your teeth.
- Gently push the Thermoplastic mouth tray into your teeth by pushing your upper lip with your fingers (This helps to mould your teeth impression)
- Wait 10-15 seconds before removing the Thermoplastic mouth tray from your mouth
- Place the Thermoplastic mouth tray into a cup of cold water for 10 seconds to complete. the hardening process.
- Expel any excess water from your mouth, then repeat the same steps to prepare the Thermoplastic mouth tray for the bottom row of teeth and to conclude the moulding process.
IMPORTANT: For best results, DO NOT overheat the Thermoplastic mouth trays by putting them directly into Boiling water. Incorrect water temperatures can affect the mouth trays shape.
- After moulding both of the Thermoplastic mouth trays, carefully use scissors to cut and remove the plastic tabs and any excess plastic located at the top of the Thermoplastic mouth trays at the gum line. This is to assist with a more tailored and comfortable fit.
- The plastic tabs need to be removed from the Thermoplastic mouth trays to allow for the LED light activator to fit over the Thermoplastic mouth trays when conducting your whitening session.
Trimming the Thermoplastic mouth tray at the gum-line will potentially aid in the avoidance of any possible soft tissue irritation or discomfort.
- Prepare the LED light activator by opening the back of it and removing the small clear plastic disc between each of the batteries.
- Once the small clear plastic disc is removed, put the batteries back in the same way that they were taken out so that your LED light activator will turn on properly.
5. WHITENING PROCESS:
- Using the Teeth whitening gel syringe, place a small drop of the Teeth whitening gel on each of the tooth impressions located on the upper and lower molded Thermoplastic mouth trays.
DO NOT overload and use the Teeth whitening gel excessively. A small amount goes a long way!
- Starting with the upper Thermoplastic mouth tray, place it into your mouth and seal it properly over the teeth by gently applying pressure to fit the teeth into the moulded impressions. To ensure that your teeth are positioned in place correctly, gently push on your upper lip to secure a correct and firm fit.
- Repeat this step for the lower teeth Thermoplastic mouth tray placement by using the same application method, gently pushing on your lower lip to ensure a secure and correct firm fit.
- Turn on the LED light activator and hold it in front of the Thermoplastic mouth trays, this will assist with activation of the Teeth Whitening gel.
- Hold the LED light activator in place for 10 minutes (initially) and then turn it off. Keep the Thermoplastic mouth trays in for a further 10 minutes without using the LED light activator. Start with 20 minutes for your first teeth whitening session and each time build up time in increments of 10 minutes until you reach the maximum timing of 45 minutes.
- Remove the Thermoplastic mouth trays from your mouth and rinse your mouth out with cold water. (Teeth may then be cleaned after 1 hour of whitening your teeth).
- Rinse off the Thermoplastic mouth trays in cold water and dry them. Store them in a cool dry place, with the other kit components. Keep items clean and dust free for optimum hygiene. Please refer to the box for use by date.
- For approx 1 hour directly after whitening your teeth, avoid any food or activities that may cause discolouration to your teeth. (eg: Drinking red wine, coffee, smoking etc)
Wear the Ice White Teeth thermoplastic mouth trays with whitening gel for approximately 20-45 minutes total per day over a 2 week period. (14 days).
We recommend that you start with an initial 20 minute session and then gradually increase the amount of time to reach the maximum timing of 45 minutes per session. As a guide, here is an outline of the recommended timing for your teeth whitening sessions over a two week period:
- 1st session 20 minutes
- 2nd session 20 minutes
- 3rd session 20 minutes
- 4th session 30 minutes
- 5th session 30 minutes
- 6th session 45 minutes
- 7th session 45 minutes
- 8th session 45 minutes
- 9th session 45 minutes
- 10th session 45 minutes
- 11th session 45 minutes
- 12th session 45 minutes
- 13th session 45 minutes
- 14th session 45 minutes
IMPORTANT: Do not exceed this timing or misuse the product by conducting excessive whitening sessions.
* After an initial 2 week treatment (14 days), most people choose to do touchups at 6-12 months after their Teeth whitening session. We have top up pens available to purchase for in between whitening sessions.
* Results are dependent upon the individual characteristics of each person and the whitening routine maintained. Most people usually see results after the first Kit treatment. Maximum results may occur over the next 14 days. As each person is unique and so are their teeth it is difficult to determine what the outcome or results will be for any one individual. Our products are manufactured to comply with Australian standards. Generally most customers will see results, however there are rare cases where they might be visibly minimal. If this is the case, the next step would be to consider at your discretion, a consultation with your dental practitioner to seek advice/discuss with them the suitability for an 'in chair' Whitening session.
* Information on this site is provided for information purposes only and is not a substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication. You should read carefully all product packaging. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, please contact your health care provider. Information and statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.